Government established state owned “Partnership Fund” with an equity value of 1.4 billion, provides equity financing to financially viable projects. Partnership Fund participates in new investment projects in order to decrease country risks for foreign investors and it acts as a “sleeping Partner” with a predetermined, clear exit strategy.
Investor can buyout Partnership Fund shares as soon as investor is ready and selling price of shares can be preliminary determined or PF will sell its shares on the market.
PF can finance maximum 49% of equity, because they don’t want to be majority equity holders since they are not going to participate in the management of business. They already have several successful completed projects in their portfolio and 8 projects are under implementation.
The Priority Sectors of the fund are:
Infrastructure & Logistics
Real Estate & Tourism
Official Website: http://fund.ge/
JSC “Georgian Energy Development Fund” is a joint-stock company. 100% of Fund’s shares are in the state ownership and passed to the Ministry of Energy of Georgia with management rights.
Mission of JSC “Georgian Energy Development Fund” is to promote realization of country’s energy potential, retrieval of appropriate funds, by developing projects and their effective implementation.
The main goals of Fund are search for perspective projects of renewable energy sources and promotion of their development. Based on this, Fund is engaged in following activities:
• carrying out preliminary research works;
• preliminary feasibility assessment of projects;
• preliminary environmental impact assessment;
• finding investors and awakening their interest in existing projects.
In case the investor wishes, as agreed with partner, for the purpose of project development promotion, Company can provide following services:
• Preparation of all necessary documents for construction, including obtaining right of construction and licenses;
• Finding of designing organization and purchase of completed construction project;
• Preliminary project schematic processing or preparation of preliminary feasibility study report;
• Monitoring of construction process.
Official Website: http://gedf.com.ge/